Thursday, April 24, 2008
Kind Living Designs offers a smorgasbord of delightsIn my policies I say that if I have a problem with your product I would prefer to tell you first, let you correct it and then review you.
I received a journal from Kind Living Designs and the cover kept falling off. It was odd I admit it. No matter what I did, I followed the directions and it kept falling off. I contacted Kristie at Kind Living Designs. She peppered me with advice and ideas, all to no avail still falling off. She sent another one along with postcards as a thank you for the struggles we went through. They are adorable and utilized at every turn by the entire family.
Back to the journal we go.
In a sturdy cloth cover, with a “P” centered and designed uniquely ready for an eight-year old to write her woes. In a composition book, it lays out easy with no pesky spiral in the way. Good pick there! The cover does come off so you can switch back and forth, or you can put it on another once you are finished with one book. I’m sold on them now more then ever not only did they correct an issue with the cover staying on, they sent me a new journal and fixed the design. Now it’s flawless!
The postcards were quaint easy to use for the kids. Just a little note to say I’m thinking of you. That’s it. If they want to send a friend, relative or even a teacher a note, it’s that easy for me. If I could create these on my computer, I would but I don’t take the time or have the patience. That’s what makes Kristie at Kind Living Designs such a great stop. She helps you along and does it all for you. Invitations, totes, book covers, a smörgåsbord of delights!
Kind Living Designs is offering a special discount to Mom In The Know readers. The code is MITK for 15% off special in honor of Earth Day.
Earth Day is Everyday at Kind Living Designs! Check us out!
Our little shop has been open for just over a year now. We are lucky to have had the chance to make great connections with our favorite Mommy & Retail 'zines online. Thank you to all of you who have helped us spread the word about Kind Living Designs' little goodies!
Pass the Paper Please!
Kind Living Designs thinks of Mother Earth first! Wherever and whenever we can we use materials that are eco-friendly and health-conscious for kiddies. We're not the first to tell you that the stationery market is saturated. There are sooo many different companies selling cute, personalized stationery.
Since opening our doors in 2003:
* We've used Via paper which is 100% recycled paper containing 30% post-consumer waste.
* The Via cotton fibers used in the paper are classified as a rapidly renewable fiber by the EPA, which means that the product is made from plants that are typically harvested within a ten-year cycle or less.
* Our paper is certified by Green Seal, and meet the EPA guidelines for recycled papers.
* Our paper is made with Green-E certified renewable wind-generated electricity.
* All virgin fiber content is elemental chlorine free (EFC) and all recycled content is process chlorine free (PCP).
Let's Talk Ink...
We're a small company. Looking through our printing options it was clear that we were going to do most of our printing in-house. We'd love to use soy-inks in our printing process, but those are only available to large print houses. (Our kooky little pink-polkas on our girl's stationery is soy-ink!)
So we decided on the next best thing - an in-house laser-printing process that uses solid inks.
* Produce 90% less waste than a typically laser printer.
* Our resin-based solid ink sticks are completely safe, toxic-free and contain no solvents.
* Because the ink sticks are so small the carbon impact from shipping is greatly reduced.
* All shipping packages are recycled!
What do to about packaging...
Packaging was a major concern. We DID NOT want to use a plastic bag that would end up in a landfill for years and years. All of our packaging (for all of our products, not just our stationery) is labeled #5 for recycling purposes.
A Big, Fat Contest...
On another note, our oldest one has turned five! Holy Cow! In honor of her birthday we're throwing a great big, fat contest. Help us spread the word. Your readers simply have to go to our website, www.kindlivingdesigns.com and give us some feedback.
Five lucky winners (selected randomly) will receive one of the following:
* Our Bow Head Club of the Month (now with Girl Power! self-esteem text included on every card)
* A Personalized Activity Binder
* Personalized Journal
* Personalized Stationery
* Ribbon Slap Bracelet with 5 Coordinating Hair bows
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you! Interested in adding us last-minute to your Earth Day Specials? Just drop us a line and we'll provide you with a coupon code for your readers! Thank you for your time and attention - we know you're busy!
Contact Kind Living Designs @ www.kindlivingdesigns.com. Tell Kristie I sent you!